John Huffman wrote:

> I would like to add a command to the macro for the antenna using the
> internal tuner.  I would like to disable the "key out" amp relay.  Don't
> want the K3 keying the amp if it is not the antenna getting power.
>
> Since my amp doesn't have a standby position (Ten Tec Hercules II), I
> would also like to bypass the amp relay when tuning the manual tuner.
> But, I can't find a command in the Programmer's Reference to disable Key
> Out.
>
> Is there an undocumented command to disable Key Out?

I also wanted to do this, but apparently it's not possible. Another way to do
it would be
a command to activate the DIGOUT1 line on the ACC connector, which could
operate an
external relay. Or change the state of the KRC2 ACC output (if you have a KRC2,
as I do)
by activating the KRC2 menu item.

Unfortunately, either of these would be 'sticky' -- once activated it would
stay activated
until another command turns it off. I want something which will default to 'amp
off' when
powering up the K3.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA