On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 08:47:45 -0800, Vic K2VCO <v...@rakefet.com> wrote:

>John Huffman wrote:
>
>> I would like to add a command to the macro for the antenna using the
>> internal tuner.  I would like to disable the "key out" amp relay.  Don't
>> want the K3 keying the amp if it is not the antenna getting power.
>>
>> Since my amp doesn't have a standby position (Ten Tec Hercules II), I
>> would also like to bypass the amp relay when tuning the manual tuner.
>> But, I can't find a command in the Programmer's Reference to disable Key
>> Out.
>>
>> Is there an undocumented command to disable Key Out?
>
>I also wanted to do this, but apparently it's not possible. Another way to do
>it would be
>a command to activate the DIGOUT1 line on the ACC connector, which could
>operate an
>external relay. Or change the state of the KRC2 ACC output (if you have a
>KRC2, as I do)
>by activating the KRC2 menu item.
>
>Unfortunately, either of these would be 'sticky' -- once activated it would
>stay activated
>until another command turns it off. I want something which will default to
>'amp off' when
>powering up the K3.

It amazes me that an amateur radio amplifier manufacturer would offer
an amplifier that had no standby switch or setting.  I wonder if that
amplifier that you mentioned bypasses when the power to the amp is
off?  Does it use RF sensing to switch the relay(s) or does it use a
control line from the rig?

Unbelievable!

Tom, N5GE

n...@n5ge.com