Joe Subich, W4TV-4 wrote:

> The most significant problem with multiple software access is the
> case of multiple command strings.  It is nearly impossible to make
> multiple command strings work in a shared access environment due
> to the probability that a poll from one application will occur in
> the middle of a command string from another application.

Have you found actual examples of this, Joe?

If I send a multiple command string as one string containing multiple
commands, I would not expect VSPE to insert another app's command in the
middle of it. Therefore the K3 would receive my string, in the right order,
with nothing inserted in it.

If an app sent a multiple command string as a series of separate commands
then I agree that could happen. Are there applications that do that?

There is potential for conflicts, especially if applications change the K3
modes, but in practise most people will be using one logging app that does
most of the polling and sets the mode and the other apps will be using a
limited set of commands to provide some specific functionality. Trying to
run HRD and another logger at the same time would be inadvisable, though.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html