> Have you found actual examples of this, Joe?

Not specifically - but then I haven't looked for them.

> If I send a multiple command string as one string containing
> multiple commands, I would not expect VSPE to insert another
> app's command in the middle of it.

However, you can't do that if your application requires enabling
a menu (e.g., TX EQ), selecting a "band" (e.g., 50 Hz), reading
the current value, issuing a number of UP/DN commands, stepping
to the next "band", and repeating the process to set all eight
bands of TX EQ (or RX EQ).  Any interactive process that makes
use of a menu is likely to "blow up" if the K3 receives a command
from another application.

Given the current interface, I believe any attempt to remotely
save/change anything that requires reading the display will fail
because of the need to pause to read the display and the chance
that another program will clash at that moment.

I'm not passing judgment on the "efficiency" of using an external
application just pointing out that doing some of the things that
have been requested may be a little difficult in a "shared" model.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV