A good article on the value of a DB is an old timer in QST I think it was,
Station design for DX
I guarantee you that if you improve your station by 1Db or more you will
tell the difference,  have done it and it works.  A whole new layer of DX
opens up for every DB you can find.
I see comments all the time that lossy feedlines or matching or this and
that
only costs a couple DB and you cant hear that.  Amen I dont hear you in
the pile ups.
There is an audiophile site somewhere on the web that lets you adjust
volume in DB steps,  you may be quite surprised at what your ear can
detect in DB changes.
If a Db or two makes no difference than buying a K3 that has better specs
by a DB or so should also make no difference.
I encourage others to not worry about loss of a few DB,  makes for more
DX for those who do.
Merv KH7C