In technical school after being a HAM for over 9 years I learned that it took
10Db change in level to perceive a doubling of audible signal level,,, 3 db
hard to detect.  I worked on modems during the Vietnam at a site for 1 year
after tech school and all our old equipment was lab quality.  I did this all
day long for 6 days a week for a year.  I know and heard what I write.

Bill
K9YEQ
K2-#35 (2 more), KX1-#35, K3, TS2000, IC7000, etc.