> 2SC2782 is rated at 80W min each at 175 MHz so getting 150W
> from two on 1.8 MHz should be peanuts; the main reason why
> they are restricted to 110W in K3 is linearity (across bands)
> + component ratings. At higher power, the efficiency can be
> higher and thus K3 may actually run cooler!

Don't try it ... with 12W max available from the LPA, the pair
of 2SC2782 are already working very near maximum gain at 100 W
output when the other losses are considered.

The 2SC2782 shows 6.4 dB gain 1t 12.5V ... (12W drive, 80W Out).
Derating the gross output by 1 dB for circuit losses in the LPF
and T/R switch and 1 dB for linearity purposes, the net output
is right at the K3's 110 W maximum output.

If you really must have 200/250 W output, build an external
amplifier using two MRF-150 instead of the four used in
Motorola Engineering Bulletin 103 by Helge Granberg.  See:
http://www.ab4oj.com/dl/eb104.pdf

In addition to the added power output, operating with a 48V
power supply provides improved IMD (-33 dB @ 150 W) and gain
(>20 dB).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV