LS,

All kits go together the same way, 1 part at a time.
The K2 has more parts, but there are interim checks that tell you that
"all is OK".

Any kit has two requirements - 1)  that you can do a good job of
soldering - see the soldering tutorial on the Elecraft website if you
have any questions about your ability.  2) that you can follow written
instructions.  Do not skip, work from the beginning of the manual to the
end.

Those same cautions apply to the K1 or the K2 or to any kit.  If your
desire is for the K2, then go for it.  Resist the temptation to work
when you are tired, inventory the components before building a section,
and make sure the parts do not 'jump' into the wrong holes, and the
result will be a great working radio.

73,
Don W3FPR