Bob, you're touching on a couple of areas where N1MM Logger's control of the
K3 isn't "rock solid."

The best you can probably do for now is to check the config setting "dual rx
always on."  With that setting, the subrx "should" stay on when a spot is
grabbed.   Personally, I'd like the software to leave the subrx alone and
allow me to control it manually, but haven't been able to persuade the
programmers.

With the current N1MM implementation, you must use the program to set and
reset split mode via alt-f7.  Otherwise, it doesn't know of any changes to
split status.  This is another area that needs programming attention.

Hopefully, N1MM Logger will improve in these two areas of K3 control in the
near future.

73,
Barry N1EU