On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:32:45 -0500, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

>There are several other issues with N1MM Logger and the K3.

Yes. While I like the N1MM logger, use it, and recommend it to
others, it has it's problems, and those who write the software
don't like to be told about them. I learned that the hard way --
when I did, they took me off their email list. :)

My primary issues are 1) If the exchange you enter isn't what
N1MM is programmed to accept, it won't log the QSO, BUT IT WON'T
TELL YOU! I worked KP2D, but because the country file was "old"
it didn't believe KP2D was a good call, so it refused to save it.
Why wasn't the country file good? Because N1MM had crashed
halfway throught the contest, and I hadn't reloaded the current
one. So I made this QSO, but it's not in my log. I lose the Q,
and the other guy gets penalized for two QSOs!  I asked for a
switch setting to ALWAYS SAVE a Q, no matter what, and let me fix
it later. They refused to do that. Why? They don't want N1MM to
save a "bad QSO."

2) You're running and start to respond to a station who calls you
but hear him repeat his call, so you stop sending (ESC). You're
using their "Enter Sends Message" mode, so <ENTER> should send
your exchange. But because you hit escape, it now asks the other
station for a fill rather than sending your exchange. Makes you
look stupid and slows everything down, in a very common
situation.

In comparison to these issues, control issues with the K3 are
minor. :)

73,

Jim K9YC