Forgot to add that for high-density applications, Sub-D connectors are
excellent when maximum reliability and easy disconnect are needed.  I like
to use crimp Sub-Ds where the pin can be inserted into the connector body.
That goes much faster with better repeatability than the solder Sub-D types.
If needed, a fanned break-out cable can be created, using the end connectors
of one's choice.

Paul, W9AC