At 01:08 PM 06/01/10, John, W1QS wrote:

>I'd use a basic mission critical PC with a 386/486 processor, DOS
>and CT to run the logging process without connection to the Internet
>during the contest. CT runs with the K3. The more recent contesting
>software might be ok but Windows is buggy and may crash during the event.

Hi John,

I've been using NA with an old celeron (sp). I've used it single
radio and SO2R, rigs being K2/K2 and K3/K2. I built the switch box
for SO2R, featured in the NA manual (all Radio Shack parts) Never a
problem. No reboots or crashes. the beauty of the old machines is
adding ports, serial and LPT with expansion cards. The SO2R box is a
hands off operation, controlled by a few key strokes, Any questions,
email me. Computers & radio, older is better (for me anyway).

John, k7up
K3, K2's, K1....