necessarily (but may be) at the same potential as the AC mains ground
and safety ground.  BUT, that same isolation may lead to ground currents
that defeat the low noise characteristics of the K9AY antenna.  Ideally,
all "mother earth" grounds should be connected to the AC mains ground by
a wire.

Often the building inspector likes to see the AC mains ground buried
beneath the surface of the earth so it is not subject to being hit by
lawn mowers or other instruments of destruction.  There will be a bare
#6 (or larger) wire going into the earth at your AC mains entry point -
that is the wire that you must connect to.  Look for the type of
connector that is used by the telephone company connection to this
ground wire - it is usually a "U" shaped clamp with a nut for
tightening.  Those type clamps are available at your local DIY store in
their electrical department.

73,
Don W3FPR