Hi Mike,

I agree with you.  I sold my KDSP2 in return for a KAF2.  The DSP functions in
KDSP2 are just primitive when compared with modern DSP rigs (e.g. K3).

I got my KAF2 in the second hand market at a much lower price.  Of course, KAF2
is even more primitive but it is real cheap.  You just pay the price for an
internal clock but with additional filter function.

I played around the KDSP2 with different settings (including the default one)
but the results were nothing encouraging.  Yes, it did function as it was
advertised but the artifact was annoying.  I am now happy with my KAF2 (just a
fraction of the price of KDSP2 in the second hand market).

73

Johnny Siu VR2XMC

----- 郵件原件 ----
寄件人﹕ Mike Harris <mike.har...@cwimail.fk>
收件人﹕ elecraft@mailman.qth.net; richard gilley <gille...@verizon.net>
傳送日期﹕ 2010/2/4 (四) 12:38:07 AM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] K2 noise

Hi Dick,

The KAF2 removes a lot of hf hash from the audio and makes listening
to SSB much nicer.  An essential module I would say and many prefer
it over the more fancy and expensive KDSP2.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO