Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:58:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Clark Macaulay KE4RQ <clarkmacau...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 KUSB PROBLEM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

I have had the same problem.  It is most annoying to see the K2 picture
(ain't she pretty!) on the HRD webpage and not get mine to work with my XP
machine over the serial-to-USB converter.

After a lot of tests, I have concluded that there is something amiss in the
converter and the HRD software.  Why?  The same converter/k2/cpu combo works
fine with Logger32.  I've tried 2 different chipset converters with the same
results.  The most recent is one from IOGear that has a polling light on it
which provided this interesting tidbit of info: when using HRD, the polling
light does not show a consistent polling rate...SNIP