Garry and all - at least those who are building new K2s.

Yes, the filter setup is a bit "tricky", especially when using filter
widths wider than 1.00 kHz.  The reason is in the varactors that have
shipped with the more recent K2 kits.  What that means is that a filter
width that is indicates as 2.00 kHz wide on the K2 may actually be 2.5
kHz wide (this is not exact, it all depends on the varactors).  The
result of this is that the LSB filter settings listed in the manual will
be about right, but the USB settings will be way off.  In other words,
the manual settings will give you a workable filter for the lower
sideband response, but will not work for the upper sideband (USB, RTTYr,
and CWr) settings. (NOTE: the OP1 filter width is not affected by the
varactors - there are no varactors on the KSB2 board).

The only cure I know is to use Spectrogram or another audio spectrum
analyzer to measure the actual width of the filter (in LSB or CW - not
CWr -  or RTTY - not RTTYr).  When you use LSB, CW or RTTY, you should
be on the lower sideband, and you can change the width without much
movement of the lower end of the passband frequency.  After getting the
filer width as you like it, then refine the low frequency end of the
lower sideband filter (by changing the BFO setting) and then set the USB
BFOs to properly place the sideband.

If you want specifics on how to set the filters, look at part 3 of the
article on K2 Dial Calibration at my website www.w3fpr.com (while you
are there, you may just want to go through the entire K2 Dial
Calibration procedure which includes adusting the filters.
I have not yet updated the webpage information to include how to handle
this "varactor problem", but since you can see the passband width on the
Spectrogram display, it should be obvious.  Just adjust the width of the
filter until the actual width is what you want, and use the K2 display
only as a relative indicator.

73,
Don W3FPR