Ok thanks Don.
I ran through all the bands at about 10w and the current draw and output was
pretty consistent everywhere, 2.2 to 2.4  amps draw. My power supply is a
12ah battery and it pulls down about a volt at max power which like you said
will result in higher current draw. So looks like its normal to me at this
point.
Went ahead and did the final assy., so it's all done and buttoned up. I just
need a proper ant. now ;)

Before that tho I redid the 4mhz calibration, but just did the procedure in
the manual to start with. Luckily I was getting WWVH audibly on 10mhz this
am and zero-beated by using my 706 on WWVH on AM. I tuned the K2 until they
both sounded as close to the same as I could get. Adjusted C22 as directed
and redid CAL PLL and the filters. WWVH zero-beated now reads 10000.04mhz or
thereabouts which I figure is close enough for me.

Sure enough, the reports of the receiver being outstanding are totally true.
Strong sigs can be right nearby and I don't know they're there until I tune
onto them. With my 706MKIIG, even S7 sigs blow through the 500hz filter like
butter so I'm used to all kinds of intermod and noise. Seems all gone now
with the K2!

Now having gone through it, I'd say it's not such a bad kit even for a first
time kit builder like I am (was). It's so well laid out and clear that you
can only make mistakes if you go too fast (like I was doing last night hi).
I will also vouch for having the right tools, the good iron, small solder
and small flush cutting wire cutters were the most essential tools for the
whole thing.
It just doesn't give you any problems if you do it according to the
instructions. Maybe a little bit of a letdown as I was sort of expecting it
to be harder, but it really wasn't.

Anyway, have to wire up my bencher and put up a better wire now so I can get
on the air with it!

Tnx es 73,
LS
W5QD