At 2/17/2010 09:14 PM, David Y. wrote:

>So, what's my problem?  It's the volume of info that comes across this
>reflector.  I don't mind the volume so much as I do the way the host ISP
>handles it.  I have chosen to receive each message as posted because the
>alternative, receiving the digest, is very awkward!  I would much prefer to
>receive the digest, and then just scroll down until I see something that
>doesn't seem to be of interest.  However, If I use the digest mode, and if
>something is seemingly of interest, I have to scroll down (endlessly)
>through all the posts to get to that particulart post.  So, I subscribe to
>the alternative that sends me every post, and I wear out my delete key!

If you chose to receive your mail in digest form, then it is your
email client that doesn't allow you to display the messages the way
you want.  There are probably many clients that do what you
want.  Here's a free one I found by searching:
http://wareseeker.com/Communications/java-e-mail-newsgroup-digest-reader-1.01.zip/3503113