Hi Julian

Looks like a jealous Flexradio fan.

So many Flexradio users have PC problems and hangups. I would not go near this
concept. At least if you plug the P3 in it wont hangup. You certainly  wont
have to spend  months seeking out a good motherboard  that wont cause hangups
or stutter.

I dont see Agilent bringing  out test instruments with a PC for the main
interface. They dont do this for for very good and valid reasons.  Ham radios
are exactly the same in nature, they need a front panel with knobs and buttons.

I dont mind using my Perseus for casual monitoring  and testing tasks, however
when tuning the bands for a long period of time I just shut the thing off and
use a real VFO knob. Its the most efficient device ever invented for tuning,
its the equivalent of the wheel for  ham radio! We all know there's little
point in reinventing the wheel!

Hail the VFO Knob!

John