> Quite so, and if I could order one of the new QRP 1500s for
> what they cost in the US rather than what we'll end up paying
> over here I'd be tempted to get one just to try it out.

Given their list price, the Flex-1500 looks like an interesting
alternative to the SDR-IQ as a software panadapter and/or engine
for running CW Skimmer.  Forget about the QPR transmitter and
use the receiver only.  It's a shame that Flex is still wedded
to the same old wideband downcovert and I/Q audio technology
instead of moving to direct DSP technology like Perseus, etc.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV