That's a very interesting observation, Don. I recently got a new computer but
I didn't get it to have it bogged down by a CPU hog quite this soon. As well
as the cost of the computer you also need to include the cost of the high
end sound card. The P3 is looking more cost effective by the minute.

Don Wilhelm-4 wrote:

> I just found that setting up Flex software is not a trivial task.  I
> spent 2 days getting my software installation for my Softrock/Z10000 -
> E-MU 202 soundcard addition to my K3 working.  It did not go smoothly,
> but the document that Larry Phipps wrote certainly provided great help.
> It is not a "plug n play" operation.
> As a side-note, I am using a 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 with 1 GB of RAM, running
> WinXP Pro and the CPU utilization ranges from 50% to 90%, so anyone
> thinking of choosing this alternative with a lesser computer had better
> think about a new computer first.  The Softrock solution is inexpensive
> *unless* one has to purchase a computer too.  If one includes the
> computer cost, the P3 is inexpensive.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com