From: callen1155 <callen1...@yahoo.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wed, February 24, 2010 12:44:38 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Thoughts on internal vs external ATU for K3

Hello guys.

Narrowing down the options I 'need' in a K3.

Regarding an internal vs external ATU:

If you were going to operate your K3 at 100 watts (no plans for an
amplifier), radio to be used only at home (no portable operating), and one
of your antennas was a dipole that can be tuned over all bands with an ATU,
would you opt for the K3 internal ATU or purchase an external one?

I see advantages both ways and am curious how most of you would decide on
this.

Thanks for any advice.
chuck