From: callen1155 <callen1...@yahoo.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wed, February 24, 2010 2:12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Thoughts on internal vs external ATU for K3

Steve,

You stated " Every time you change bands, you must push the ATU Tune
button."

If that's true then I have been operating my K2 ATU incorrectly but it seems
to work fine the way I've been doing it. Initially, or after any change, I
run thru the bands tuned to the cw portion and hit the ATU Tune button to
obtain close to a 1 to 1 swr. Once that's done I was under the impression
that the internal memory kept that setting stored and I didn't need to
re-tune (i.e. repress the ATU Tune button) until a change was made to the
system. I may go for several weeks without any changes.

So do you really need to re-tune EVERYTIME you change bands?

thanks.
chuck