See the problem is going to be in implementation.  Do you press RIT then
CWT to make it CWT via the RIT?  Do you have CWT always move the RIT
only if RIT is enabled?  What does it do if XIT is enabled?  I guarantee
you that you have answers to these questions.  I also guarantee you that
there are 100 people just as opinionated as yourself with differing
views.  They can also be just as loud and vehement in their delivery as
yourself.  You want to know why things seem like a good idea when Wayne
does it?  Because he can do it and when he does it its done.  It takes
no further argument, its already done.  If you don't think that
something he's changed has never been followed up with mass discussion
against it you're mistaken there as well.

Again I take offense in your stating that having an engineering degree
gets in the way of simple logic.  ALL of these methods are simple logic!
PERIOD.  Logic in its very essence is simple.  Thus why the logical
solution is often referred to by the lay as the "common sense" solution.
Just because it doesn't fit in line with your solution doesn't make it a
poor choice.

I also don't understand the "mistakes happen" comments that many make
with regard to the SPLIT allowing them to be off frequency and not know
it.  There is a very obvious yellow light on the front panel that
indicates this condition.

~Brett (KC7OTG)