I dislike top posting when replying to this sort of thing But I am sure
everyone can follow this in any case

1/ the macro, when uploaded to the radio DOES make this a single button
press operation, that's the idea of macros and the facility that the K3
has for associating command macros with front panel buttons.

2/ yes it does tie up your sub RX, BUT if you have CW decode on then you
can't actually SEE VFO B anyway. The VFO B frequency will always be the
previous VFO frequency, I.E where you were before you pressed the button
that you have associated with the macro.
Still Want to see VFO B? press REV, that's what it's there for
want to go back to the way things were? press A/B followed by either A>B
(tap) or hold (split off)

3/if you haven't got the CW decoder on you can actually see your
transmit frequency all the time on VFOB, if you were using RIT as you
requested you would have to clear or adjust RIT before you can see your
TX frequency.

4/ in a scenario where you have multiple signals and need to narrow the
filters auto-spot is not going to work reliably anyway

You claim to give 9 reasons, the macro approach only breaks one of the 9
reasons you give (the ability to use the Sub somewhere else, to receive
something else whilst copying CW AND operating split) and can be done
right now, it meets 8 of the 9.

73
Brendan EI6IZ