Hi OM or YL,
   Since you have never given your call or name (or did I miss it in once of
your posts?) we have no idea who is the person using "The Smiths" email address.
I guess all we know is that since you used Euros to purchase your K3
sub-receiver, you are probably in Europe.

As far as this ongoing thread of the "K3 auto spot function", I completely agree
with your logic and the need for such a function. Having a single button to
properly center the receive signal of a calling station (without changing the TX
frequency) would be great. It would be a very efficient way of optimizing the
incoming audio tone to the proper frequency for the user to quickly reduce the
K3's filter bandwith. I work CW contests and usually start off using a
relatively wide, 500 Hz CW bandwidth. This is done because, as has been noted,
many stations will call off frequency.  When a weak one calls off frequency, but
is still in the passband of the wider filter, having the described feature would
allow users to quickly narrow the Width control to optimize the SNR. If not
properly centered in the passband, the signal can disappear when the bandwidth
is reduced, until the VFO or RIT is manually tuned.

I believe that adding this autotune RIT option to the CONFIG: menu would be
helpful to us who need to quickly dig into the noise for weak, off frequency
stations that answer our CQs. The default could have this option off for those
not needing to use it.

So, the ball is in the court of Elecraft's great software designers to either
accept and implement the suggestion........ or reject it.

The topic has been thoroughly discussed.

What say Elecraft? Yea? Nay?

73,
Rich - K1HTV
Cwops #198