AD4C2009 wrote:

> Well I spent this past weekend 18 hours in radio on saturday and sunday
> with my Yamaha CM-500 on my head all the time,either on CW or SSB and felt
> no tired,they are smooth and weight little in my head,isolation is
> perfect.

I just wanted to post a follow-up message on this thread.  I just acquired a
CM500 headset - they seem to perform quite well but they can hardly be
considered a high isolation headphone.  The isolation is about the same as
the Heil ProSet but falls far short of the Sennheiser HD280.  The CM500
isn't really suitable if you follow the K3NA approach toward maximizing
dynamic range with AGC off.  On the other hand, the CM500 seems quite good
indeed for normal operation with AGC on and the microphone gets great audio
reports.

73, Barry N1EU