Mike,

I used RigCAT for controlling the K3.  I'll send you
my XML file but you will need to customize if for your
ports, etc.   Configure radio control by:
        Configure | Rig Control | RigCAT ....
check the Use RigCAT box, Click Open and select the
K3.XML file.  My K3 is on COM4 at 38400 and I use
"toggle RTS for PTT" (set the K3's PTT-Key menu item
to RTS-Off).

My particular version of K3.XML expects the K3 to use
DATA_A for the data modes (it's more generic for non-
RTTY data modes).

It's rather straightforward.

Fldigi can also be used with Logger32 and/or DXLab Suite
with gateway software by N2AMG to replace the need for
RigCAT or HAMLib.  A forthcoming update of Fldigi includes
improved interoperation with other logging software and
N2AMG will have updated gateways for several loggers.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV