I guess you don't consider Ten-Tec as a "mainstream manufacturer".

The Omni VII has had a direct Ethernet connection for a couple of years.

The concept is great and I enjoyed using it but the point that several have
made that no current logging programs use ethernet as an interface makes it
less than usable except for N4PY software and the proprietary Ten-Tec "One
Plug" software.

I personally don't see the "angst".  I connect my Mac via either of two
Serial/USB adaptors to my logging and / or control software and haven't had a
major problem.

Rick
K6LE