There's a probram out there called KTune that allows a Griffin Powermate
to stay connected to the K3 regardless of what window has focus on your
computer.  It works nicely.  Also...for an added touch, order a spare
rubber ring that goes on the K3 VFO-A knob and a finger dimple.  The
ring fits perfectly over the powermate.

73
Greg