I have run into the first problem with my K2 S/N 1422, which has the latest
firmware and mods.   I built it back in 2000 and not had any problems with
it till a few weeks ago.  It now has an intermittent problem of receiving
and transmitting a very raspy audio.   It is not caused by AC magnetic
coupling as I have no magnetic transformers near it.      When the problem
occurs it will be on all bands and switching bands shows it is probably in
the pll.   A good sharp wack on the case will make it disappear, so it
appears to be a poor solder connection.   Needless to say when I open it up
and try and duplicate the problem by tapping on various components I cannot
make it occur.   I have reheated all the connections around the pll
circuitry, with no success.   The really aggravation is that this problem
will not show up for weeks and then start reoccurring.  Any ideas?

73,

Steve K4JPN