Steve,

Another cause of intermittent raspy audio during both transmit and receive
could be a dicey solder joint in the KSB2's crystal filter circuit. If one
of the bandwidth settings you have chosen for the variable bandwidth crystal
filter is 1.8 kHz or wider, try switching to this filter setting during
receive to see if the rasp disappears.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Steve & Anne Ray wrote on 03/22/2010 :

>I have run into the first problem with my K2 S/N 1422, which has the latest
> firmware and mods.   I built it back in 2000 and not had any problems with
> it till a few weeks ago.  It now has an intermittent problem of receiving
> and transmitting a very raspy audio.

<snip>