Hello again,

Let's all agree that the undershoot problem is not huge. But it's much more
than 20% and it lasts much longer than a couple of seconds. And I object to
the notion that a properly working ALC, even a fairly fast one necessarily
leads to severe distortion or splatter. I again hold the opinion that the
real bad signals heard are due to to PAs being operated with no ALC feedback
to the exciter feeding it and operators being clueless to this. A properly
operating ALC system should be virtually impossible to talk into serious
distortion.

AB2TC - Knut