> No, please, this is not a power calibration issue!

Bull ... I have seen it and can recreate it at will.

If the wattmeter is not properly calibrated and the
transmit gains are off, the bower setting routines
do not act correctly.  With the transmitter properly
calibrated I see less than .5dB "undershoot" (more
than 95 W when commanded for 100W) when changing bands.

If I intentionally miscalibrate the wattmeter (as I
did by accident when building the unit) and then do
the transmit gain calibration with an  inaccurate
wattmeter, the radio will display a 2 to 3 dB undershoot
(50 to 60 watts) when first changing bands.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV