[on soapbox]

Let me increase the noise level by also preferring the "no need for a PC"
P3.

I would like most of my ham radio operations to be PC free.  Especially
PC free as I prefer my Apple Macs but I am not making a statement
about Mac versus PC.  I would say the same, I want Mac free
operating.

Is there a place for a PC?  Sure, firmware update, programming my
K3, or other similar acts.  But, when I operate, I have my K3, my
Begali Paddle, and my spiral bound notebook where I log my
contacts.  A computer interface has not yet been invented that can
surpass the flexibility and speed of paper and pencil -- I should know,
I have been a programmer for 45 years and I am very well aware of
the features of all of the best logging programs.  No I do not contest,
if I did, I too would probably use a computer for logging admitting that
in some circumstances the computer is a help.   And, I am doing some
experimenting with PSK and use my Mac for that but that is all.

But, I prefer PC-free functionality from Elecraft so I really like the idea
of the P3 without the need of a computer except for firmware download
and maintenance.  Yes, if I wanted a computer interface I would be using
the LP-PAN solution.

[off soapbox]

73, phil, K7PEH