Jim Brown wrote

I just returned from Visalia. The exhibit hall included large booths
showing Icom and Yaesu rigs. The Elecraft booth was JAMMED from the minute
the doors opened until they closed. The Yaesu and Icom booths had only
modest traffic, and were oftn next to deserted.

Now THAT is interesting..brought on a chuckle Jim.

Wonder if Eric noticed

73's
Gary

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:16:58 -0400, Terry Posey wrote:
>
> >ALS600 with the Linear Power supply, AD5X Full Break In mod and an
> >external bandswitching accessory plus an MFJ998 would come in considerably
> >under the $2,000 price.
>
> Do I understand that you are equating MFJ with Elecraft?  That's quite a
> stretch! While I have great respect for W8JI's engineering, that does not
> extend to MFJ's manufacturing, and Ameritron has common ownership with MFJ.
> :)
>
> I can also buy at least twenty different models of 100 watt HF transceiver
> for much less than the cost of a K3. Yet I OWN two K3s.
>
> I just returned from Visalia. The exhibit hall included large booths
> showing Icom and Yaesu rigs. The Elecraft booth was JAMMED from the minute
> the doors opened until they closed. The Yaesu and Icom booths had only
> modest traffic, and were oftn next to deserted.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim K9YC

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!