From: DM4iM <hamra...@vr-web.de>
To: Reflector Elecraft <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wed, April 28, 2010 6:18:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] DC-supply for a preamp?

Hello all,
thank you for all the info about losses in a coax cable,
but the original question was if this is a good or a bad idea.
Lots of qsb, so it disappeared in the noise. :-)

I've been thinking about it myself, my conclusion is: no good idea.
Even if the K3 passes the supply voltage to it's antenna jack, bad
things can happen if you forget to switch the supply off, when you
change antennas, switch to your dummyload, you name it.
So it is a big NONO.

Martin

--

73 , DM4iM