I have a particular need which is not a digital interface per se, but
need to know if this project addresses it, or if some subset addresses
it.  This will be used in ongoing rudimentary research on 160m
antennas and ground phenomena currently under way.

I will need a fixed audio output from the RX which is independent of
the AF gain control, which will be fed to a meter reading in dB.  We
will be taking field measurements on weak signals on small antennas
from low level self-contained transmitters fitted with small antennas.
 I saw N0SS sell off his last remaining fixed audio boards before I
realized what they were.  I will probably be encouraging some local
friends to outfit their K2's in a similar fashion.

Also, is the fixed audio board file that N0SS has in a format that can
be fed to one of these small quantity PCB companies, or would it need
to be converted?

73, Guy.