I've got some local noise around here that sounds like a water heater or sorts
or something along that line.  Anyway it's really giving me fits on 6 meters.
I ahve to run the NB almost all the time and that distorts the signals and
sometimes it doesn't even clean up the noise.  Doesn't matter if i use the
preamp, attenuator, Noise reduction or what.  Plus when i turn the NB on i get
all sorts of crap from SSb signals 40 plus kc up in the band.  If i turn the NB
off the SSb crud is gone.  I operate mostly in the CW portion of the band.
When the NB is off i don't ahve this problem. Other than finding the noise out
there in the 0-90 degree quadrant anyone have any idea as to whats going on?
I'm really getting sick of the SSb crud showing up when the NB is on down in
the CW portion of the band.  I only have one antenna hooked to the radio.  What
else can i tell you?

Larry
W0OGH