Ok guys lets get a few things straightened out here. Number one all of the
answers that were slanderous or laced with ridacule were very much uncalled
for. This was not a planned operation. It was the case of one operator
rising early on FD and getting on with power. This was not and I repeat not
going to be used in field day operations. The operator of the K3 that was
fried arose and went into an operating area completely away from the
gentleman whom was operating qro and turned on his K3 unaware of the early
morning dx hunter whom was just being a ham radio operator. We posted the
incident hoping that someone would come up with a cure that we could apply
in the field. That was all that was intended and nothing else. All here are
experienced operators and would never have intentionally done this on
purpose. It just is a very unfortunate incident that yes should have not
happened but it did so now we will try to get it fixed and go on.

We are sorry to have cause so much trouble. I suggest this thread should end
unless someone can give us a credible fix.

The owner of the k3  John H Howard  being allowed to post on nz0t log in as
I do not have one.