Hi Bill

You probably smoked the KANT board.

The 8mhz trap  seems to get smoked by  nearby high power transmitters. This
happened to 2 of our clubs K3's in  field day operations. We just replaced the
parts and cleaned up the crispy critters(the tracks)!

This happened with widely separated  antennas and separate power supplies.
You almost  have a heart attack when smokes pours out of the K3!

I would not panic, just check the KANT3 board.

73
John