Hi Bill

You probably smoked the KANT board.

The 8mhz trap  seems to get smoked by  nearby high power transmitters. This
happened to 2 of our clubs K3's in a field day operation. We just replaced the
parts and cleaned up the crispy critters(the tracks)!

This happened with widely separated  antennas and separate power supplies.
You just about  have a heart attack when smokes pours out of the K3!

I would not panic, just check the KANT3 board, I could be wrong!

73
John