Just goes to show you that the smart operator is like a boy scout -- be
prepared.  So, have two K3s or at least another good rig for backup.

Of course, a conspiracy theorist would see this as a Elecraft marketing scheme:
 that is, slow down repair cycle to encourage customers to buy a second K3 for
backup.