Lyle,

But if the mod is referenced by service bulletin number (e.g., SB-1), that
would capture the multiple changes across several boards.  For example, the
existing 20 bulletins are already defined -- we know the scope of change.
Simply number them.  If more than one similar change is designed to the same
board, simply call it another bulletin number.   This can be as simple
(sure, easy for me to say) as adding a comment field through the utility
program that could look like this:

"Elecraft Bulletins added: 1-6, 8, 12-20"

I am not sure that data collected for board swap-outs or repairs is all that
necessary. I'm referring to the self-documentation of service bulletins that
could help existing and prospective K3 owners in a number of ways.

If there's enough space for a bit of text, user comments could also be
placed there.  For example, non-approved bulletins, repairs, etc.  A text
field could capture a direct board swap-out like you mentioned.  Some auto
manufacturers already do something similar to track prior service work
polled from the car's memory.  My service department at Acura knows what's
been done to my TL by polling it.

You raise an interesting point, but I'm sure it could be managed with some
forethought.  I'm also not advocating that it take precedence over the
existing user wish lists but something that could be added down on the
priority list of new features.

Paul, W9AC

t ----- Original Message -----