And don't forget you also improve value by not having to pay for
features that you won't use.  Don't need a tuner?  You don't have to pay
for one...  Don't want two receivers?  You don't have to pay for both of
them...

Then on another note...  Want two receivers but don't have the money to
pay for one now?  Get on the air with part of the radio and add that
which you want later...

My family loves my K3 as it has made for an avenue of Xmas presents for
the guy who has everything for a few years coming now... ;)

~Brett (N7MG)