Pete -

Yes, Elecraft does offer a 1.5" high tilt-bail (they call it a
tilt-stand).  Part number ETS15.  I purchased one of these for use with
my K2,  and another for the KPA100 / KAT100 combination that I  built
into a EC2 cabinet.  The regular 3" tilt-stand that comes standard with
the K2 was too high for my liking.

Unfortunately, the new web site makes both the EC2 cabinet and the
optional tilt stand somewhat hard to find.  They are found on the K2
page, under "K2 and accessory pricing".    You will have to search
around a bit, but they are there.  The current price for the ETS15 is
14.95.  Seems a bit high for a piece of bent wire, but I guess you pays
your money and takes your choice.  This is one area where Elecraft could
do it's customers a favor by offering a trade-in price, similar to what
is sometimes offered for board upgrades.

- Jim, KL7CC