I can help with some of these (though I'm clueless on the NB...)

It helps if you visualize the "passband" of the receiver as a small part of the
entire RF spectrum that the radio lets into your speaker (or headphone.)  This
would be similar to a movable and resizable window on your house - so you can
move the window to different places on your house to see different things
outside (or make it larger/smaller to see more at once or less at once.)  This
window analogy, being visual, makes things easier to visualize...

Notch:  This is like blocking out just a tiny portion of your "window."  For
me, it's most useful for those times that a LID decides to spend an hour tuning
up and their tuning carrier is right in the middle of my "window."  In SSB, the
K3 will (by default) use "auto-notch" - so it'll look for a carrier within your
passband (window) and automatically block it out.  The best analogy I can come
up with would be that the sun is shining directly into your window, so you put
your hand between your eyes and the sun.  Thats a "notch filter."

Width:  Simply, this is the size of your window.  Usually, you only want to
"see" one thing at a time, and for SSB, that width is 2.7.  However, when
stations are too close together, you can make that window smaller so that
adjacent stations aren't interfering with your view.  (If that adjacent station
is putting out splatter or a really wide signal, this might not help...)  I
usually end up shifting (see below) when messing with the width.

Shift:  This is just moving your window around on your house.  If you look out
your window and there is a naked guy that you don't want to see on the left
side of the window, you can just move the window a bit to the right.  Of
course, now you might be seeing something undesirable on the right side...
Ideally, a combination of shifting the window and making it narrower (width)
will let you see only what you want to see.

NB:  No idea how this works on the K3.  The documentation suggests the
NAR/MED/WID "if" settings are useful for some types of noise and the DSP
settings are useful for other types of noise - but I haven't seen anything that
narrows it down more than that.

NR (noise reduction) is a mechanism of pushing the audio through a "DSP"
(computer program) to try and clean it up.  My understanding is that the DSP
works by  analyzing the audio and only letting through audio that forms certain
patterns (such as speech) as opposed to completely random audio.  The different
settings for NR use slightly different mechanisms to try and clean thing up,
some more aggressive than others.  The more aggressive mechanisms tend to be
more "destructive" to the audio which gives it that "hollow" or "echoing" sound.

Take care
Gary / k3wow