On Jul 9, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:

> I am not certain how much more authoritative information you are seeking.
> As far as explicit "Here is how you use it" - each individual case or
> instance of noise is different and will require different treatment.

At least for myself, it would be useful to have a paragraph or two that could
be titled "K3 NB and NR for Dummies" and might look something like this:

Each operator and location will experience unique noise sources and conditions.
 In order to best use the NB and NR tools, a certain amount of experimenting is
required.  That being said, here are some general guidelines for using NB and
NR tools under very "generic" situations.  Each operator will have to play
around with these settings for their own situation!

NB:

Lightning noise:   (?????)
Power line noise:  ????
XYL is vacuuming the house:  ?????
Plasma TV noise:

NR:

Unlike the NB system, the NR tools are for combating random noise of an unknown
(or random) source.  In this case, a starting place for using the tool might be
easier based on mode rather than source:

SSB:  ????  (my favorite is 5-1)
CW:  ???
DATA:  OFF

.... then again, this would be better in a WIKI than the official
documentation...

Take care
Gary / k3wow