Although I understand the reason for shortness on 6m QSO's, I really don't
see the reason on HF bands and I am joining you in lamenting the loss of
them, Sandy.  I spend DAYS looking for a good, RTTY ragchew, unless one of
my old friends shows up on frequency.  I had been off the air mostly, living
other parts of life, but when I returned in 2004 or so, long gone were most
of the long winded RTTY guys of old, and I miss it.  I thought maybe it was
a change in technology, so geared up for PSK, but got the very same name,
location, gear, bye, CUL QSO's there too.  I'll keep looking though, there
have to be some of the "old guys" still alive and looking.  Also, I was
making a few converts on 20m RTTY before a winter ice storm took the quad
down, so maybe I can "grow" some when I get the quad repaired, hi.
73,
Don, WB5HAK