This thread has been quite interesting....

I respect the station that can sit and rag chew on CW, I've tried it on one
of the HF bands, and found it very demanding on the brain.

On 6m... If the band was open with more than one hop of SpE, I'll be chasing
new grid squares, or DXCC countries. I do it on single hop SpE as well, but
with more than one hop available, some real DX might also be available..

I think a lot of 'DXers' on 6m would be upset to hear a W7 on the band and
not be able to have a quick QSO... I sure would be...

That doesn't mean people can't be polite... I've heard and worked what I
consider to be good DX (more than one hop SpE) and the DX station insisted
on names as well as report... And, as he had a pile up, that's what he got
with every QSO... now that's not unfair, it's just what the 'DX' wanted.

In the large RSGB/IARU contest, even with the band going 'ding dong' I
always try to pass over GM or GA on each QSO... does this slow the rate
down...? maybe.... has it damaged to score? I don't think so, and we've won
the contest 10 times in the last 13 years...

Yesterdays DX from here was C56E, I've a short video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrCvY4OjZJ4

At the end of the day, it's a hobby... have fun, do what you enjoy... but
remember the rest of us out there... :-)

73,
Andy
http://gd0tep.com